Now that USA Gymnastics is no longer using the US Olympic Training Center located on the Karolyi Ranch, they are in need of a new training facility.
The past few Women’s National Team training camps have been held in various locations around the country and most likely will continue this way until a permanent site is found.
As a result, USA Gymnastics has reached out to state & local agencies, sports commissions, developers, organizations who develop & design high performance sports facilities, and other interested parties to begin the build or search for a new National Training Center (NTC).
The new facility will house all 5 gymnastics disciplines (Men’s Gymnastics, Women’s Gymnastics, Trampoline & Tumbling, Acro, and Rhythmic Gymnastics). In addition, USA Gymnastics has expressed interest in moving their corporate office to this new location as well.
The new NTC needs to include the following:
- USA Gymnastics’ offices (24,000 sq ft.)
- Athlete training area (45,000-50,000 sq ft.)
- Conditioning area
- Equipment and training areas for all disciplines
- Restrooms (including gender neutral)
- Medical, recovery, rehab area (15, 000 sq ft.)
- Monitored and controlled access
- Meeting & administrative rooms
- 200-225 beds
- Be able to fee 125 individuals at a time
- Event facility (15,000 sq ft. w/ 30 ft ceilings)
- State of the art technology throughout facility
- Accessable to airports for national/international travel
USA Gymnastics would like the project to be completed and operational by 2020.
All interested parties need to submit interest by May 14.
Specific details and how to express interest is available below: