The following women have been chosen to represent the US at Worlds:
- Simone Biles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
- Kara Eaker, Grain Valley, Missouri/ Great American Gymnastics Express
- Morgan Hurd, Middletown, Del./First State Gymnastics
- Grace McCallum, Isanti, Minn./Twin City Twisters
- Riley McCusker, Brielle, N.J./MG Elite
- Ragan Smith, Lewisville, Texas/Texas Dreams Gymnastics
From this group, the alternate will be chosen prior to competition in Doha.
At Training Camp, Simone debuted a new vault that has never been competed before. If she successfully performs this vault at Worlds, it will be known as the Biles!
The Start Value of this new vault is a 6.4.
At training camp, Simone scored a 16.0 on it; SV – 6.4, E Score – 9.6.
At Worlds, the U.S. Men will compete in the Subdivision 6 of the qualification round on October 26 at 9 a.m.
Then on October 27 at 6 p.m., the Women will compete in Subdivision 5 of their qualifying rounds.
The Worlds competition schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 29: Men’s Team Final – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 30: Women’s Team Final – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 31: Men’s All-Around – 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 1: Women’s All-Around
- Nov. 2: Event Finals (Men – Floor Exercise, Pommel Horse, Still Rings; Women – Vault, Uneven Bars) – 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 3: Event Finals (Men – Vault, Parallel Bars, Horizontal Bar; Women – Balance Beam, Floor Exercise) – 4:00 p.m.