The 2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships are going to be held October 2-8, 2017 in Montreal, Canada were over 500 athletes and 80 countries will be competing for 12 World titles.
A select group of US women will attend a selection camp to be held at the National Training Center on September 18-22 in order to choose the team that will represent the USA.
The following athletes were chosen to participate in the camp:
- Jade Carey, Oasis Gymnastics
- Jordan Chiles, Naydenov Gymnastics
- Margzetta Frazier, Parkettes National Gymnastics Center
- Emily Gaskins, Cincinnati Gymnastics
- Morgan Hurd, First State Gymnastics
- Ashton Locklear, Everest Gymnastics
- Riley McCusker, MG Elite
- Alyona Shchennikova, 5280 Gymnastics
- Ragan Smith, Texas Dreams Gymnastics
- Trinity Thomas, Prestige Gymnastics
From these 10 women, 4 will be chosen for the team and 1 will be selected as the non-traveling alternate.
The 2017 World Championships will include an All-Around competition and Event Finals for both the Men and the Women. There will not be a team competition this year.
Competition will begin with 3 days of Qualifications (4 sessions for the Men and 5 sessions for the Women), 2 days of All-Around Finals (1 each for the Men and Women), and 2 days of Event Finals.
You can see the full schedule of competition here.
You can also follow all the action on various social media sites:
- Facebook – FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships
- Twitter – @MTL2017GYM
- Instagram – MTL2017GYM
- Youtube – FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships
- Snapchat : MTL2017GYM
Sources: usagym.org, 2017gymcan.com