After the Men’s World Championship Training Camp, which included a 2 day competition, the team has been chosen that will compete in Doha, Qatar on October 25 – November 4, 2018.
The team includes;
- Sam Mikulak, U.S. Olympic Training Center
- Akash Modi, Stanford University
- Yul Moldauer, University of Oklahoma
- Colin Van Wicklen, Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Alec Yoder, Ohio State University
Team alternates include:
Allan Bower, University of Oklahoma, traveling
Trevor Howard, Ohio/Ohio State University
Marvin Kimble, Salto Gymnastics
The Men’s team head coach will be Andriy Stepanchenko.
At Worlds, the U.S. Men will compete in the Subdivision 6 of the qualification round on October 26 at 9 a.m.
Then on October 27 at 6 p.m., the Women will compete in Subdivision 5 of their qualifying rounds.
The Worlds competition schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 29: Men’s Team Final – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 30: Women’s Team Final – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 31: Men’s All-Around – 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 1: Women’s All-Around
- Nov. 2: Event Finals (Men – Floor Exercise, Pommel Horse, Still Rings; Women – Vault, Uneven Bars) – 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 3: Event Finals (Men – Vault, Parallel Bars, Horizontal Bar; Women – Balance Beam, Floor Exercise) – 4:00 p.m.
The Women’s World Team Selection Camp is not until October 10 – 13, 2018 and there has not been any announcement if it will be steamed LIVE.