It was announced a few weeks back that the US would not be sending a team to the City of Jesolo Trophy, a FIG World Cup event, in Italy.
The US has attended this event for many years and had been a dominant force not only in the Team competition but also the All-Around and Event Finals!
In response, a handful of US athletes have decided to attend the event but instead of representing the US, they will be representing their individual clubs in the All-Around and hopefully event finals.
According to the Gymnastics Federation of Italy, the following US athletes will be competing for their clubs at the 2018 City of Jesolo Trophy on April 14 & 15;
- Alyonna Shchennikova (5280 Gymnastics)
- Olivia Dunne (ENA Paramus)
- Adeline Kenlin* (Iowa Gym-Nest)
- Sydney Barros (Texas Dreams)
- Emma Malabuyo* (Texas Dreams)
- Ragan Smith* (Texas Dreams)
- Grace McCallum (Twin City Twisters)
- Tori Tatum (Twin City Twisters)
*Current US National Team Members